Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Goal for this blog

Hi! I'm Lecia. I'm 25 and live in the Midwest. I'm an unemployed artist and I live with my boyfriend. We're saving up a lot of money for some future goals (like a wedding!) and recently put together an aggressive budget. We eat breakfast, lunch and dinner at home Mon-Fri and are trying to cut down on going out to eat on the weekends. Currently, our grocery budget is $200 a month and we use the cash envelope system for this. I also get $20 a month to spend as I wish on the great CVS and Walgreens deals I find. We've both noticed this has greatly cut down on our health and beauty aid spending. I also feel I'm making a difference in our community, as I donate many items we don't need to a local youth center.

So, this blog will be tracking my purchases, spending and saving, as well as offering tips and tricks to help others save money. Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment